Support was sought both financially and in-kind from foundations, governments, UNO and UNEP, EU, and business.
Financial support was provided by IGES (the Institute for Global Environmental Strategies) in Japan, the Nordic Council of Ministers, and the Brazilian Ministry of the Environment.
In kind support was provided by partners including: ESPM, Tellus Institute, Integrated Strategies Forum and One Earth Initiative Society (including Yaheli Klein and Dagmar Timmer).
Tellus Institute, Boston serves as the financial agent.
The Global Research Forum is endorsed by the following organizations:
- Sustainable Consumption Research and Action Initiative (SCORAI), USA
- One Earth Initiative Society, Canada
- Integrative Strategies Forum, USA
- Asia Pacific Roundtable for SCP, Philippines
- Clark University, USA
- Copenhagen Resource Institute, Denmark
- European Roundtable on SCP,
- European Topic Center on SCP
- European Environmental Agency
- Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES) Japan
- Smart CSOs Initiative
- Society in Action Group, India
- Sustainable Europe Research Institute, Germany
- Tellus Institute, USA
- UNEP/Wuppertal Institute Collaborating Centre on Sustainable Consumption and Production, Germany
- Gaiasoft, United Kingdom
- Vitae Civilis, Brazil
- Green Liberty, Latvia
- Greening of Industry Network
- PERL (The Partnership for Education and Research about Responsible Living), Norway
- UFRRJ – Federal Rural University of Rio de Janeiro – Brazil
- ESPM Rio de Janeiro
- Asian Institute of Technology
- National University of Singapore
- Munasinghe Institute for Development –MIND
- Centre for Environment and Development, Sri Lanka
- UNENGO “MAMA-86″, Ukraine
- International Environment Forum